Powerful Free Advertising
Of course, it’s article marketing. Article marketing is a very powerful free method of advertising a business, a website, products and services.
If you really want to generate leads then write articles related to your products and services and submit them to free article directories. The article should contain a link to your own website. The article should be interesting without going into too many. The articles that get posted to article directories should not contain more then 400 words. But here is something odd: articles that you write for your own website should be at least 600 words. That’s how it works for me. Articles that have between 600 and 800 words bring better results then shorter articles.
How do I know? Simple, I just go to Google analytics and read the reports. Google does not keep information away from you. They just give measurable results. I will start writing about Google analytics soon.
Articles published in the directories will be available for article syndication. Some webmasters might decide to publish your articles on their websites because their readers are looking for this information. When your article is published on other people websites, it will include an attribution link to your website. The attribution will bring the traffic back to your website.
Caution – that does not always happen. Some people think they have the right to rip you off. Be ready to handle this situation. It does not happen very often these days. Majority of webmasters understand the rules and keep the attribution link. In general, webmasters publish other people articles because they are lazy to write their own articles or simply love your writing.
Who Will Read Your Articles?
A lot of people undervalue themselves. Here is what I think: as long as you have something valuable to say, everybody who goes online seeking information will read almost anything as long as it is legible. Get out all spelling errors, insert interesting facts, do not write very long paragraphs and you might have a winner. To make sure you do have a winner, you need to use great headlines and compelling content. That’s pure copywriting. Nobody is born to be a great copywriter. This is the skill that needs to be learned. Get your hands on a copywriting course written with Small Business owners in mind. Use copywriting to promote your website. Get the course now
Article marketing brings website traffic, generates business leads, boosts sales and simply multiplies your income. The more you write the better you become at writing. But what if you are dead serious and you don’t want to write articles or you are too busy running your business? There are places on internet where you can outsource the writing. I personally write articles for my clients. Get in touch with me today to order good articles. Be ready to provide detailed instructions to get the quality you desire.
Here is one heck of an article marketing tip: do keyword research before you publish your article in order to use keywords that people are looking for. If you write articles using the words that people are not searching for on internet, what’s your goal? Find the right keywords and keyword phrases using free Google Keyword Tool.
Components of a Good Promotional Article
The effect of your article will be very good when you use the words people are looking for. Every published article should have:
- Great compelling headline
- Interesting article content. If the content you write is not interesting, people will not stay on the website long.
- Relevant keywords and keyword phrases
- Keywords rich links. Getting strong links is one of the major reasons people engage in article marketing. You need links to keep search engines on their toes for your content. Links are positive votes for your website. If you promote your products and/or services, find keywords people are looking for and use them in your articles. If you don’t promote your website, why not? It serves no purpose.
- The right keyword density. This does not have too much sense at this point. It was necessary to have up to 5% density. I think it lost it’s value, but I am not absolutely sure. Keyword density is the number of times a keyword or keyword phrase is used in the article. So, what is the right keyword density? That’s a very controversial issue. Some experts claim that it’s about 15% of the total word content. That’s totally wrong. People would not want to read such keyword stuffed article. 2% to 3% density is OK.
- Keep article content totally unique to stand out in the market place
Before Writing An Article:
- Make a list of ideas to write about
- Review the list and pick a topic to write about
- Brainstorm the introduction, body and conclusion information
- Decide on the audience you will be writing for
- Do any research needed to fill up the article
- Save a final copy as well as a working draft
- Write a summary of the article content
- Write an author by-line that includes a link to your blog or site
Write the article. Do not exceed 1000 words for your own website and 400 words for article directories. Review several times for spelling errors, grammar and content quality.
Submit your article to article sites. Work on your copywriting for at least one month to get great results. Get your copywriting crash course now.
Hot Tips To Get Your Articles Noticed, Read And Enjoyed
- Get attention grabbing headline. The best article could be bypassed if the headline is nothing special. Read Cosmopolitan, Entrepreneur magazines for inspiration. Just make sure you don’t plagiarize.
- Entice curiosity. Use titles that explain what your article is about but do not express everything. Leave something for imagination.
- Do not use long paragraphs.
- It’s very easy to get into mumbo-jumbo like sentence construction and get lost in your very own article. Internet users need to read content in simple sentences and paragraphs
- Use numbers and/or or bullets. This is a way to get your point across. People know that useful tips start with bullets or numbers and remember them
- Keep your readers interested from start to finish. Using real life stories and situations keeps them coming back.
Article Resource Box Drives Visitors To Your Website
A resource box is placed at the very end of the article. It contains a brief description of the author and keyword rich links to the author’s website. If your readers like what they read, they will click through to the original website to read more. The resource box must be eye-catching to demand the attention and be strong enough to send the reader to your website.
Must have components of a good author’s resource box:
- Brief information about the author
- Suggestions that ignite curiosity
- Call to action
Call to action examples:
- Learn more about (give specific reason)
- Go to your blog to get information
- Download lesson …
- Sign up for a free trial
- Watch this demo
- View product details
Best of luck in promoting your business on internet! Just remember: it’s hard to do if you are not using proven methods. Get your crash course in copywriting now.
Submit article to these directories:
Go Articles http://goarticles.com
Article Dashboard http://www.articledashboard.com
Articles Base http://www.articlesbase.com